About Me

My photo
Bucks County, PA, United States
In addition to her award-winning young adult fiction, Diana Muñoz Stewart runs her own company providing content for websites and blogs on health, writing, and family. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in English Literature from Rowan University and a Master’s degree in Creative Writing from the Stonecoast, University of Southern Maine. When she’s not writing, she can be found kayaking in her backyard or hiking with her kids and the man who’s made her heart race and palms sweat since their devoted teen years.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Magic City Writing and Me



One of the coolest things about being a finalist for the Golden Heart is meeting new people. Not only have I had the opportunity to be on a private GH list where everyone introduces themselves, shares personal stories, triumphs, obstacles, and encourages everyone, but people randomly  pop up and offer to promote me and my work. And not just me, but all of my fellow GH Finalists. I'm doing a blog post early in July on Ruby-Slippered Sisterhood, and this week I'm on Magic City Writing.

Aw, thanks Heather and Magic City Writing! 

Yep, I'm there along with the wonderful and talented people in the YA category of RWA's Golden Heart.

There's six books that finaled, but only five finalists. Stephanie Winkelhake had two books final. Woot! And all of the finalists' books sound so wonderful. For example, Julie Glover's Sharing Hunter"When best friends Rachel and Chloe decide to share a boyfriend their senior year, they risk ridicule, romance, and a rivalry that could destroy their friendship."

And the writers are amazing too. For example, T.L. Summer...."She holds both a B.S. and M.S. in business from Villanova University where she ran cross country and track on a full athletic scholarship." 

Wow. Guess I won't be challenging her to a race. I'm lucky to be included among such talented women. But you should check out the blog yourself. So without further ado or awkward self promotion, here's a link to the entire feature on Magic City Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment