About Me

My photo
Bucks County, PA, United States
In addition to her award-winning young adult fiction, Diana Muñoz Stewart runs her own company providing content for websites and blogs on health, writing, and family. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in English Literature from Rowan University and a Master’s degree in Creative Writing from the Stonecoast, University of Southern Maine. When she’s not writing, she can be found kayaking in her backyard or hiking with her kids and the man who’s made her heart race and palms sweat since their devoted teen years.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Checked Twice. It's Still Winter.


At the beginning of the season--way back in December--I was determined to not only survive winter, but enjoy it. How's it going? So far so good! Honestly, I wish I could say that was all due to me staying positive, but that would be a horrible lie that might make those suffering through this winter feel bad. The truth is--for this area at least--last winter was much worse. So while my friends in Boston brace to break their worst-winter-ever record, we outside Philly thank God we're not them.

It is cold though. Arctic cold. So whenever I go out for a run I bundle up. Some days, laundry days, I have to scrounge for things to wear outside to keep me warm. That happened yesterday. I almost didn't have the courage to step outside. I looked not just weird, but Punky-Brewster weird. (Have you seen Punky lately? Whoa. She grew up.) So, of course, I took a picture and went out. It turns out that the honey badger isn't the only animal that doesn't give a shit.

I'm not fast. I'm not stylish. But I'm still going. And so is winter. I checked. Twice.

In case you're wondering what it has looked like out there, here are some photos from my runs this winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment