About Me

My photo
Bucks County, PA, United States
In addition to her award-winning young adult fiction, Diana Muñoz Stewart runs her own company providing content for websites and blogs on health, writing, and family. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in English Literature from Rowan University and a Master’s degree in Creative Writing from the Stonecoast, University of Southern Maine. When she’s not writing, she can be found kayaking in her backyard or hiking with her kids and the man who’s made her heart race and palms sweat since their devoted teen years.

Friday, March 30, 2012

The Problem with Communication

On the way home from my son's baseball game last night he told me a bit of his own invented wisdom, "People make mistakes, and mistakes make people."

I waited a beat then two. He must've seen the distress on my face, because he said, "You know, because when you make a mistake you learn from it. That builds character, and makes better people."

I bit my lip and nodded. Phew, I was two seconds away from awkwardly explaining to my twelve year old about the "mistake" some people make with unexpected pregnancy and the need to use contraception until you're ready.

The lesson, kids, is to not jump the gun. This important safety message brought to you by the department of Been There, Done That.

No comments:

Post a Comment